Arizona’s climate is ideal for growing a variety of fruit trees for the entire year. This post will cover a variety of topics related to fruit trees, including varieties, trees, climate factors and pollination.
Fruit Tree Varieties
It is certainly possible for one type of fruit to grow well in the desert climate while another fruit may never develop properly. It is undeniably beneficial to do research beforehand to know which fruit type will thrive in the valley of the sun. Producing the fruit can be pretty easy if simple Botanics are applied to the specific variety.
Selecting Fruit Trees
The best fruit trees are the ones that have a low chill requirement and great pollination, especially in southern Arizona. Deciduous fruit trees, for instance, will lose their leaves come winter. Examples of these will include:
Of course, a fruit tree could fail to grow if the prevailing environmental conditions are not favorable. It is very tough to correct any mistakes once the tree has been planted. Selecting the right tree, with conditions factored in, is vital.
If you want to produce fruit, pollen from the male parts of a flower must be transferred to the female portion. This makes fertilization a reality. Some fruit trees are self-fruitful, which means only a single tree needs to be planted in order to produce fruit. Some fruit trees, though, will require the presence of a second supporting tree. This allows for cross-pollination to occur.
Fruits That Thrive In Arizona
Here are a few fruit trees that grow very well in southern Arizona:
- Santa Rosa Plum
- Satsuma Japanese Plum
- Gold Kist Apricot
- Katy Apricot
- Dorsett Golden Apple
- Ana Golden Apple
- Orient Pear
- Leconte Pear
- Flordahome Pear
- Castlebrite Apricot
- Flordaprince Peach
Liberty Tree Care Offers Tree Services in Scottsdale, Mesa & Tempe
More Articles About Arizona Trees
- Should I Skin My Palm Trees?
- Arizona Shade Trees That Don’t Shed
- Is My Palm Tree Dead?
- Best Time Of Year To Trim Trees In Arizona
- Can You Grow Lemon Trees In Arizona?
- How To Save A Dying Cactus
- How To Bring A Dead Palm Tree Back To Life
- Cost Of Tree Removal 2020
- How Much Does Cactus Removal Cost?
- How Much Does Palm Tree Trimming Cost?
- How Much Does Palm Tree Removal Cost?
- How Much Does Tree Removal Cost?
- How Much Does Tree Stump Grinding & Removal Cost?
- How To Trim A Tree
- How To Choose a Tree Service
- WHY TOPPING HURTS TREES
- How To Show Your Trees You Love Them
- Fast Growing Trees of Arizona
- When & How to Trim Citrus Trees in Arizona
- Preparing Arizona Trees For Monsoon Storms
- Arizona Ash Trees
- Mesquite Trees In Arizona